Welcome

This is the blog and public record of the Chicago Pizza Club. We eat a lot of pizza and share our thoughts on it as well as post any relevant pizza news we come across.

We invite you to post any comments on anywhere you have eaten under our review of that establishment. If you have any questions, please read the FAQs on the sidebar first to see if it has already been answered. Please note that we are at capacity and are not seeking new members. And finally, if you have a place you think we should try, have some other inquiry, or want to send us love/hatemail then please contact us at:

ChicagoPizzaClub@gmail.com

Monday, April 21, 2008

[Meet the Members] Kelly



Screen Name: Kelly

Real Name: Kelly, official photographer of the Chicago Pizza Club

Came out of the Oven: Cedar Rapids, Iowa in the year of the dragon (which one, I'll never tell!)

Favorite toppings: Garlic and extra garlic

First Pizza Club Meeting: Salerno's - Monday, February 27, 2006 (although I was there in spirit many years before, I swear!)

Favorite Deep Dish Pizza: Pequod's pepperoni, onions and garlic

Favorite Stuffed Pizza: Lou Malnati's sausage

Favorite Thin Crust Pizza: Bacino's broccoli

Favorite Pizza outside of Chicago: Beau Jo's in Colorado (mmm honey for your crust!)

Had Pizza in the Motherland? Yup, been twice in several cities. Nothing to write home about. Its fine, but authentic doesn't always mean better! Chicago has upped the ante.

What Do You Do When Not Eating Pizza?  Well… I am a full-time graduate student at the Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine. I am working on my PhD in Cancer Cell and Molecular Biology and currently looking for a job in the Miami, Florida area (yeah, land of crappy pizza, but beautiful weather!) Outside the lab I enjoy not only Chicago Pizza Club meetings, but photography (favorite subject to photograph = Chicago Pizza Club), triathlons, softball, beach volleyball, hanging out at the pool, going to movies with my husband and anything that involves JägerBombs.

Personal Pizza Statement: I never met a pizza I didn't like. Then came along Friday, March 21, 2008, aka 'pies we tried so you wouldn't have to' night. I'm not a snob with a super refined palate or anything, but woah. If I can help save one more person from never having to eat that crap if they don't have to, then by golly, I'm down. CPC is here to stay and we are going to change the world!!!

No comments: