125 S. Clark Street (Map)
Chicago, IL 60603
No Phone
CPC invaded Pizza Dada on Thursday, September 24, 2026.
Bad news: Just 3 members at each meeting
Good news: This pizza was great
Pizza Dada is a passion project from Table, Donkey, Stick. It's a stall in the Sterling Food Hall, so it's primarily a lunch operation. If you go at night like we did (they close at 7:00), I'd recommend ordering a whole pizza ahead of time. Because one of our three only eats cheese pizzas and the other two wanted to try more, we went with slices. They had 6 options, which was great, but none of them were fresh. That these were as good as they were despite being reheated slices, makes it clear Pizza Dada is among the best NY pizzas in Chicago.
The Margherita was fantastic. So much flavor out of such few ingredients. Definitely the best plain(ish) NY slice I can remember having in Chicago.
The Vodka Roni comes with mozzarella, pepperoni, and vodka sauce, all on a sesame seed crust. The flavors were top notch, probably my favorite of the night, but this one would be much better fresh.
I didn't get a close up of the pepperoni, but this picture tells the story. This is a great slice with top notch pepperoni from Enzo.
Sausage at pizzerias in New York is, generally speaking, an embarrassment. In Chicago, even loads of crappy pizza places have great sausage. I guess Dada is going for authenticity because the sausage was not good. Edible, but not good. Still a solid slice overall.
I'm a fan of the ratio here - just one white pizza. The "White" comes with garlic, ricotta, basil, and lemon with a sesame seed crust. This one suffered the most from being reheated. We also would have liked more garlic.
I'm a fan of the ratio here - just one white pizza. The "White" comes with garlic, ricotta, basil, and lemon with a sesame seed crust. This one suffered the most from being reheated. We also would have liked more garlic.
No comments:
Post a Comment